Arsenal sweat on Bukayo Saka new deal

September 22, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgRelatedPosts EPL: Gunners survive West Ham scare Saka tops PFA Player of the Year shortlist Reinier completes Dortmund loan switch Arsenal is desperate to keep burgeoning talent Bukayo Saka and want to open contract talks as soon as possible as Borussia Dortmund become the latest team to eye the teenager.The 18-year-old has been one of Arsenal’s stand-out performers this season, despite having spent much of the campaign out of position at left-back. Naturally a winger, Saka has excelled in place of Kieran Tierney and Sead Kolasinac to the point he can be considered a deputy in the position in years to come.Saka’s form would have piqued the attention of Champions League clubs across Europe anyway, but the London-born attacker being out of contract in 2021 means plenty of rivals are sniffing around him.Football.london report that there have been no talks between Saka’s representatives and Arsenal since February, although he is out of contract in a little over 12 months’ time.Yet despite that, the Gunners are said to be desperate to keep their academy graduate.Saka only earns £7,000 a week on the current terms he agreed back in September 2018 but even despite the squad taking a 12-month wage cut due to the coronavirus crisis, can expect an upgrade in his salary if he pens an extension. Speaking last month, Coach Mikel Arteta said of the situation: “The club is doing what it has to do and is having conversations.“We’ll get it resolved.”The Daily Mirror, though, said that Dortmund are the latest team to look at the teen as they eye a repeat of the progress of Jadon Sancho in the Bundesliga.The German giants picked up Sancho from Manchester City for less than £10 million and look set to sell him for 10 times that fee this summer with Manchester United keen.United and Liverpool are also said to be looking at England youth international Saka, as are Bayern Munich. Speaking about his future back in February, the player insisted he leaves contract talk to his agent and parents.He said: “Do I want to stay? Like I said it’s for my agent. They’re sorting it out.“Of course I’m enjoying my football, enjoying playing under the new coach so we’ll see what happens.”Tags: Borussia DortmundBukayo SakaKieran TierneySead Kolasinaclast_img read more

Capcom announces Street Fighter mobile game

August 29, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgThe Street Fighter series will expand its reach onto mobile thanks to a collaboration between Beeline, a Capcom subsidiary, and Skillz, a mobile esports platform. A new game for mobile platforms was announced, along with an in-client competitive platform for live battles.They emphasised the competitive experience in a press release, describing “a wholly unique and competitive Street Fighter experience on mobile.” The venture will also have “live broadcast competitions integrated natively within the game, powered by the Skillz platform.” While it seems Capcom, through Beeline, will be heading the game itself, Skillz lends its claimed background in esports hosting by providing a platform for live battles. While they are vague about their portfolio, Skillz describes its role in these games as not only managing the tournament itself, but assisting with broadcasting and spectating the games. The company claims to manage the esports component of over 3,000 game studios and “more than 30 percent of all esports [sic] awards in 2016” and over 4 million minutes of game footage broadcasted to fans. “With this partnership, Street Fighter will define the future of competitive mobile gameplay,” said Andrew Paradise, CEO and Founder of Skillz in the release. This is the convergence of Capcom’s recent ventures into competitive fighting games and mobile games respectively. While Beeline hasn’t produced any smash hits, it’s developed a line of franchised games for names such as Shrek, Ghostbusters and Snoopy the Dog. Capcom may be looking more closely at Capcom Mobile’s Android remaster of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, which released late May. (The game was also released for iOS in 2014.) Meanwhile, Street Fighter as a franchise has exploded in popularity due to its competitive aspect and the release of Street Fighter V in February 2016. The franchise was already an arcade staple, and despite the fifth iteration not having an arcade release, it became an overnight esports hit. The game’s success was further proven by Turner Media’s television series ELeague, an invite series of many of the top players in the game (though it wasn’t part of the Pro Tour). This will be Capcom’s newest foray in mixing the genre and platform, though its previous game, Street Fighter X Tekken for iOS, didn’t have a similar esports focus. The new project will be met in app stores by the indie fighter hit Skullgirls, which saw its full release this month, plus other franchised apps such as Marvel’s Contest of Champions and DC’s Injustice. Esports Insider says: This could be a high-risk/high-reward move by Capcom. They have the sheer popularity and charm of their games and brands to last them a few lifetimes. Of course, that’s in a familiar way as, say, Angry Birds. It’s anyone’s guess as to whether the game’s competitive platform will be well-received and viable when push comes to shove. Here’s hoping, if only for the next generation of gamers, who genuinely love their mobile apps.last_img read more

Alex On Autos Reviews Jaguar IPACE

July 21, 2019 0 Comments

last_img