上海419论坛,爱上海,上海龙凤419 – Powered by Juliette Alic!
Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Bicol riders extend help to Taal evacuees Brown’s supporters say the White House, the State Department and Michigan state officials have raised the case with China.“We are aware of reports that Mr. Brown has been sentenced to four years,” a spokesman at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing said Thursday. “The Department of State takes seriously its duty to assist U.S. citizens abroad. We continue to closely follow his case.”Brown, 31, played linebacker for Ball State between 2004 and 2008 and went on to play in the Canadian Football League before moving to China to coach.Similar disputes are often settled out-of-court in China — where the conviction rate is 99 percent — but Brown did not reach a settlement with the plaintiff and pleaded not guilty.“I still don’t understand: he is guilty of what?” Brown’s mother, Antoinette, said by phone after the verdict. “It was all about the money. It was a clear shakedown. It’s unfair justice.”ADVERTISEMENT In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Christopher Tolkien, son of Lord of the Rings author, dies aged 95 Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Harvey Weinstein rape trial Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Cloudy skies over Luzon due to amihan Ronaldo vs. Suarez takes focus as Uruguay faces Portugal FILE – In this Nov. 25, 2008, file photo, Ball State linebacker Wendell Brown, left, stands with cornerback Trey Buice near the end of an NCAA college football game in Muncie, Ind. A lawyer for former Ball State football player Brown said Thursday, June 28, 2018, that a Chinese court has sentenced the Detroit native to four years’ prison for his involvement in a September 2016 bar fight. (AP Photo/Darron Cummings, File)BEIJING — A Chinese court sentenced former American football player Wendell Brown to four years in prison Thursday for being involved in a bar fight, a punishment his lawyer and an activist called excessive.Brown, a native of Detroit who played for Ball State University in Indiana, had been teaching American football in southwest China when he was arrested in September 2016 and later charged with intentional assault. He has denied hitting a man at a bar and said he had raised his arms in self-defense after being attacked.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES MOST READ Taal victims get help from Kalayaan town Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding A judge in the city of Chongqing issued the sentence after a brief hearing, Brown’s lawyer Wu Junmei said by phone. Brown intends to appeal, she said.On the night of September 24, 2016, revelers at a nightclub threw a bottle at Brown and an altercation followed, his supporters say. Afterward, a local man accused Brown of seriously injuring his eye, which had to be removed. The man demanded more than $100,000 in compensation or else he would pursue the case in court.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown“Four years for a fight in a bar is extremely unjust and excessive,” said John Kamm, a San Francisco-based activist who frequently meets with senior Chinese officials to seek clemency for political prisoners in China and had lobbied them on Brown’s behalf.China sometimes deports foreigners following their conviction but it was unclear whether deportation was a possibility for Brown, said Kamm. Brown has already been detained 20 months while awaiting the verdict. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments read more
Just about two weeks ago, 17-year-old Ashkay Budhairam of West Minster, West Bank Demerara, was allegedly beaten and burned by two cops after he was kidnapped and held for several hours.Injured: Ashkay BudhairamHowever, while his burns and other external injuries are healing, other complications have arisen. During an interview with his mother Seetadai Luj, she explained that her son is now bleeding and his ribcage area also hurts excruciatingly.“His ribs hurting now and he just bleeding from his mouth. I didn’t carry him back as yet with concerning the blood but the burns healing now. We looking after it,” she explained.When Guyana Times spoke with the teenager, he had detailed the traumatic experience, saying that he was handcuffed, beaten and burned with hot water. Two law enforcement officers were taken into custody for the alleged beating and torturing of the young lad. They were charged jointly for abducting and assaulting the teen and released on bail.“Right now, I feel that there is no justice for him. We don’t have money to ensure that these persons are jailed. I tell myself to just leave it like that because we know what will happen…I’m a single parent mother with seven children,” Luj expressed.Budhairam had recalled that he was with a few friends in a nearby village, Schoonord, when eight unknown men showed up with weapons in two cars. They proceeded to attack his friends until he was snatched and put in the trunk of one of the vehicles in an unconscious state.After driving for some distance, the young man said he was taken to a house in the same vicinity. Two constables, who are brothers and occupy the said residence, alleged that Budhairam had stolen some items from their house. He was handcuffed to a bed and questioned about the missing items, to which he denied any involvement.After that, he noted, a few of them proceeded to visit his house to search for the articles, while the beating continued. But the teenager claimed that nothing was found at his residence. Water was then heated and thrown on the lad. This is when he started screaming.He was doused for a second time with the hot substance. The injured teen told this publication that the men were fearful that neighbours might hear his screams and opted to put him back into the trunk. He said that they took him to a house where they handcuffed him to a bed frame, beat him and poured hot water on him while demanding that he reveal where the alleged stolen items were hidden.He said that the car was moving for approximately 20 minutes and he managed to open the trunk and leap out. The men exited the car, but he had already jumped across the trench – one which they did not attempt to cross. As he looked up, it was a desolate location, some distance from where he lived.After reaching home, Budhairam and his relatives filed a report at the La Parfaite Harmonie Police Station and later went to the West Demerara Regional Hospital to seek medical attention. read more
President Michael D Higgins listens to the Donegal Chamber Orchestra, conducted by Victor Yelamo, in Letterkenny today. Pic NorthWest NewsPixIT HAD threatened to rain and rain heavily.But right on cue the sun came out and shone brightly on a proud day for Letterkenny as President Michael D Higgins came to town today to pay tribute to the Tidy Towns Committee on winning the national title for 2015.A large crowd gathered on the plaza on the steps of An Grianán Theatre in the town as President Higgins met the pioneers and the volunteers from what he called the “multi-generational” people behind the Tidy Towns, a guard of honour formed by national school children who have their own committee. Councillors and TDs who revere the veteran politician listened intently to a wonderful and charming speech from the President who reminded the crowd – to cheers and applause – that Letterkenny had entered the Tidy Towns in 1958 when it first began and had finally beaten 861 other towns and villages across Ireland to take the top title last year.It was a particularly poignant and moving occasion for the McCormick family whose father, the late Jim McCormick, had pioneered the Tidy Towns efforts.“One of the great things about winning in the Tidy Towns is that it is an achievement of all the generations in the town that wins,” said the President.“It is almost six decades since the competition was first introduced and I do want to congratulate SuperValu for their sponsorship.” To chuckles in the crowd, President Higgins went on: “The whole idea of the Tidy Towns is to bring communities together in a spirit of neighbourly pride for the towns and communities in which they live and over the years when I have been meeting the winners you find that there are always a few very strong principled individuals who would as we say ‘at it for years’ and they have been cajoling and quietly intimidating other people into taking part with them.”Tidy Town chair Anne McGowan said she was delighted with the day and paid tribute to all of those involved.Music was provided by a number of different groups including the Letterkenny Town Band, the wonderful Carndonagh Brass Band and the superb Donegal Chamber Orchestra.And all in attendance were then invited to partake in the scrumptious food provided by Michelle Hunter and her team from Thyme Out Cafe. SUN SHINES ON LETTERKENNY AS PRESIDENT HIGGINS PAYS TRIBUTE TO IRELAND’S TIDIEST TOWN was last modified: June 11th, 2016 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:letterkennyPresident Higginstidy townsvisit read more