上海419论坛,爱上海,上海龙凤419 – Powered by Juliette Alic!
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York New York State is paying $3.4 million to settle a lawsuit filed by a Long Island man who served 17 years in prison upstate after being wrongfully convicted of murdering his parents.Martin Tankleff, whose double murder conviction was overturned in 2008, still has a separate federal civil rights lawsuit pending against Suffolk County, ex-Homicide Squad Det. K. James McCready and others.“I hope to expose the misconduct that caused my wrongful conviction so that it does not happen to anyone else,” Tankleff, who has been attending law school since his release, said in a statement in which he thanked those who stood by him over the past 25 years.Tankleff had been convicted of fatally stabbing his parents, Arlene and Seymour Tankleff, in their Belle Terre home in 1988 when he was 17.He was released from prison in 2007 after an appellate court vacated his conviction and all charges were dropped a year later. Prosecutors declined to retry the case.A legal team representing Tankleff, now 42, has said that his confession was coerced and that the real killer is one of his father’s business associates who denied responsibility and who authorities have not charged in connection with the deaths.Tankleff and his team have said McCready tricked Tankleff into signing a false confession by lying to Tankleff. They said the detective told Tankleff that his father had told detectives that the then-teenager was the killer.“We have developed powerful new forensic evidence demonstrating Marty’s innocence and showing that his parents were murdered by assailants who acted with efficiency and brutality,” said one of Tankleff’s attorneys, Barry Scheck of Manhattan-based Neufeld Scheck & Brustin.Another member of Tankleff’s legal team, Bruce Barket of Garden City-based Barket, Marion, Epstein & Kearon, said the new evidence confirms that his client is innocent.“This settlement is one more step in the long road to right a terrible injustice,” he said. “The next step will be a full public trial in federal court exposing the wrongdoing by law enforcement and making sure it does not happen to anyone else.” read more
The Batesville Freshman Baseball’s April 8th game vs South Dearborn was canceled earlier due to low numbers for South Dearborn. The Frosh Bulldogs will now play host to Columbus East on (4-8) starting at 5:30 PM.The Batesville Middle School, St. Louis, and South Decatur 3-way Golf Meet at Wyaloosing Golf Course on April 21 has been canceled.The Golf Meet at Columbus Central on April 14th was going to be canceled, but now it is rescheduled for April 21st since that date is now open.BMS Golf schedule at this time . . .S 4/12 Madison Inv. T 9:00 AMTh 4/17 Brookville T 5:15 PMM 4/21 Columbus Central T 5:15 PMM 4/28 N. D. & St. Louis H 4:30 PMM 5/5 Madison, St. Louis, Shelbyville H 4:45 PMM 5/12 St. Louis, S. Dearborn @ Dearborn CC 5:00 PMS 5/17 BMS Inv. (1st Annual) @ Cricket Ridge TBAM 5/19 St. Louis, S. Dearborn H 5:00 PMSubmitted by Batesville AD Mark Ferguson. read more
BASSETERRE, St Kitts (CMC) – Kirstan Kallicharan’s hundred kept Trinidad and Tobago unbeaten in the Regional Under-19 one-day championship here Tuesday, as they trounced Windward Islands by eight wickets.Chasing a tricky 209 to win at Molyneaux in the fourth round contest, T&T motored to their target in the 39th over, with Kallicharan stroking an unbeaten 102.The 17-year-old right-hander, already a key member of world champions West Indies Under-19s, tore into the Windwards attack striking seven fours and seven sixes in a 79-ball cameo.With his side stumbling at 43 for two in the 11th over, he put on 166 in an unbroken third-wicket stand with Cephas Cooper whose unbeaten 55 came from 93 deliveries and included eight fours.Earlier, Kallicharan’s Windies Under-19s teammate Emmanuel Stewart struck 52 as the Windwards ended on 208 for eight off their 50 overs after opting to bat.He put on 78 for the third wicket with Johnnel Eugene, who made 40 from 63 balls, to help pull Windwards around from 35 for two in the 11th over.Off-spinners Cooper (2-20) and Aaron Maniram (2-30) finished with two wickets apiece.At Conaree, ICC Americas produced a solid batting display to upset Barbados by 48 runs.Opting to bat first, ICC Americas were powered to 258 for five off their 50 overs with Pranav Sharma top-scoring with 79, Arslan Khan getting 66 and Akashdeep Gill, exactly 50.They were tottering on one for one in the first over before Sharma stroked fours in a 109-ball innings and Khan gathered five fours in a 100-ball knock, to rescue their side in a 157-run second-wicket stand.In reply, Barbados were dismissed for 210 in the final over with Dante Niles top-scoring with 35 and Nico Reifer getting 34.At St Paul’s, Raymond Perez carved out a fluent unbeaten 52 as Guyana overhauled Leeward Islands’ 116 to win by eight wickets.Opener Perez faced 71 balls and counted five fours and a six and put on 106 in an unbroken second-wicket partnership with Kevlon Anderson who made an unbeaten 51 off 81 balls, with four fours and a six.West Indies Under-19 star Bhaskar Yadram had earlier taken six for 16 with his off-spin to limit the Leewards to 116 all out off 45.3 overs. read more
Roland A. Mornojua, the procurement officer of the Ministry of Lands, Mines and Energy (MLME), and Otis Smith were on Friday forwarded to the Monrovia City Court on multiple charges amounting to US$135,750.Mornojua and Smith were charged with criminal conspiracy and facilitation for impersonating MLME personnel. Police also charged the accused with theft of property.Meanwhile, three of the five defendants who remained at-large were also charged with similar crimes in absentia.Mornojua and Smith were, however, remanded at the Monrovia Central Prison (MCP) on Friday when their legal counsels failed to secure a bail bond for their immediate release.According to police records, the two were arrested based on a complaint filed by MLME Deputy Minister Jenkins O. Atuanya.Mornojua is alleged to have issued the ministry identification cards to defendant Smith and three others who used their respective ID cards to pose as employees of the ministry and en-cash several checks.Checks bearing series numbers 00000577, 00000518, 00000519 and 00000578 in the amount of US$118,250 intended for the Liberia Accelerated Electricity Expansion Project (LACEP) were allegedly en-cashed by the defendants, police said in the document.That incident occurred between Septembers 13 and October 25 this year. It is reported that defendant Smith and his accomplices who are escaping justice presented check number 00000518 in the amount of US$17,500 to RAJ Enterprise Business Center in Monrovia and made away with Lone Star GSM’s scratch cards.Checks number 00000577 valued at US$15,500; 00000578 in the amount of US$6,300; and 00000519 valued as US$78,950, totaling US$100,750, were subsequently intercepted by the Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) and Office Ideal Stationary Store in Monrovia, the document also claimed.The ministry discovered the syndicate when they arrested defendant Smith on October 25 with a ministry ID card bearing his photo and the name Oliver King.Police claimed that Mornojua was also arrested when Smith gave him up as the one who issued the checks and the ministry ID cards.The case continues.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window) read more