上海419论坛,爱上海,上海龙凤419 – Powered by Juliette Alic!
Taunton bakery and dessert manufacturer Ministry of Cake has marked the fact it now makes 3m cakes a week by launching a new website.The company’s longest-serving employee Pauline Gammon and its oldest employee Alan Leader, 79, pressed the button to launch the new website.Sales are now expected to top £30m in the current financial year, thanks to rising export sales, and as reported last week, export discussions are ongoing.As part of its expansion, the company’s sister operation, Ministry of Pudding, also in Torquay, is about to produce its 10-millionth pudding since opening in August 2014.Chris Ormrod, managing director, was also voted CEO of the year this week by the British Private Equity and Venture Capital Association.He said: “We are now selling more than 3m slices of cake a week, helped in no small part by St Mary Berry and a certain TV show.“We now send cakes from Taunton to Europe and beyond, with ongoing discussions with China and Australia. I estimate 20% of Ministry sales will come from outside the UK within the next three years.” read more
Protesters have argued that people should be able to decide what happens to their salaries, and that any supplementary pension payment should be voluntary.Some news sources reported that the protesters have also filed a petition with the Constitutional Court.So far, the government has made no comment on the protests or the petition. Thousands of Armenians have taken to the streets to protest the mandatory funding of the second-pillar pension system, introduced at the beginning of this year.According to reports from French news agency AFP, approximately 6,000 protesters marched in the Armenian capital of Yerevan over the weekend to protest against the government’s controversial decision. Since 1 January, all Armenians born after 1974 have had to transfer 5% of their salaries to newly created pension funds managed by the local subsidiaries of France’s Amundi and Germany’s Talanx Asset Management.According to the AFP, Naira Zohrabyan, secretary of opposition party Prosperous Armenia, described the law as a “racket”, allowing the government to “get its hands into people’s pockets”. read more
Sharing is caring! 24 Views no discussions More than 50 people have reportedly been infected and authorities say the cholera outbreak is under control but four hospitals have been prepared to quarantine patients.HAVANA, Cuba, Monday July 9, 2012 – At least three people and as many as 15 are said to have died in Cuba over the past few weeks as the island’s first major cholera outbreak in more than 50 years spreads.Most of the cases were in Cuba’s south-eastern Granma province but it appears now that the disease has travelled the more than 750km (470 miles) to Havana.The latest reports from the BBC are that a 60-year-old woman admitted to a Havana hospital last Wednesday (July 4) has been confirmed with the disease. As she was diagnosed early, doctors say she is in a stable condition.According to the BBC and Reuters, official reports are that three people have died of cholera and another 50 have been diagnosed with the illness in an outbreak caused by contaminated well water, while about 1,000 have received medical attention. The three people who died ranged in age from 66 to 95-years-old and reportedly suffered from other chronic health problems.However, according to the CMC, Havana independent journalist Calixto Martinez reports that the outbreak has killed at least 15 people and affected hundreds more. He said he had obtained information from residents and health workers in the region.More than 50 people have reportedly been infected and authorities say the outbreak is under control but four hospitals have been prepared to quarantine patients.On Tuesday (July 3), the Cuban government said the illness was caused by contaminated well water and it blamed recent heavy rains and high temperatures for the water problems, which forced the closure of some wells and the chlorination of the water system in the hardest hit areas.The Public Health Ministry said in a statement that the township of Mazanillo in the southeast province of Granma had suffered the most cholera cases, which have occurred in the last few weeks, but that the outbreak is slowing.Cholera is an intestinal infection that can lead to death if not treated promptly and properly. Cholera outbreaks have been rare, or at least not publicized, in Cuba since the 1959 revolution and the creation of a national health system by the communist government. The Health Ministry said the last reported cholera outbreak on the island was soon after the 1959 Revolution.According to the BBC, while it is not clear what the source of the cholera is, there is speculation that there is a Haiti link.Hundreds of medical professionals from the centre of the Cuban infection, including nurses, have worked and continue to work with patients in Haiti, where tens of thousands of people were infected after the devastating earthquake in 2010.Cuba’s health ministry has stated that it has the “resources necessary for the adequate attention to patients in all the health institutions” during this cholera outbreak.They said they had taken a series of measures, including taking samples of water and adding chlorine to purify it, to combat the outbreak.Caribbean 360 News Share Share NewsRegional Cuba battling first major cholera outbreak in half a century. by: – July 9, 2012 Share Tweet read more
Serena Williams set a new Grand Slam record of 308 victories as she beat Yaroslava Shvedova in straight sets last night. The top seed set up a US Open quarter final with Simona Halep Men’s second seed Andy Murray breezed into the last eight with a straight sets win over Grigor Dimitrov. Women’s second seed Angelique Kerber gets the quarter final action underway today, facing seventh seed Roberta Vinci. While men’s top seed and defending champion Novak Djokovic goes up against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. read more