San Carlos gets ASEAN ‘Clean Tourist City’ award

September 25, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgSan Carlos City has also been arecipient of other international recognitions, such as the ASEAN’s 50 LandmarkCities and Environmentally Sustainable Cities, and Top 100 SustainableDestinations. “We are continuing our community-basedefforts aimed at providing livelihood opportunities to the locals while at thesame time involving them in environment protection and conservation measures,”she added. The ACTS aims to provide member-countrieswith a tool that would improve the quality of tourism in their cities andincrease their marketing competitiveness, while improving the situation oflocal residents and their livelihood by alleviating poverty. San Carlos will join two other citiesfrom the Philippines – the Iloilo and Baguio – as ASEAN Clean Tourist Cityawardees.      The San Carlos City in Negros Occidental receives the Association of Southeast Asian Nations “Clean Tourist City” award for the second time – a recognition valid from 2020 to 2022. It will join two other cities from the Philippines – the Iloilo and Baguio. DYPR NEGROS CHRONICLES TIMES/WRITERS EDGE The awards ceremony will be held atThe Empire Hotel and Country Club, Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei Darussalam onJan. 16, 2020. (With a report from PNA/PN) Saballa said the city complied withthe indicators set by the ASEAN City Tourism Standard (ACTS), such asenvironmental protection and management, waste management, health, urban safetyand security, and tourism infrastructures and programs. The northern Negros city, which firstreceived the award in 2017, was among the Southeast Asian cities recognized forhaving endeavored to beautify their public areas, improve the environment andsanitation, enhance urban spaces, and promote man-made and natural attractions. Jennifer Saballa, officer-in-charge ofthe San Carlos City Tourism office, said on Wednesday the achievement showedvarious initiatives of the city government to promote sustainable tourismdevelopment. Closed-circuit television cameras wereinstalled around the city starting last year to meet the safety and securityindicator.  “The city is again honored to receivethe international award, which is a product of the strong support of the localgovernment. We hope to sustain the efforts and look forward to more initiativesgeared towards ensuring sustainability,” Saballa added. BACOLOD City – The San Carlos City inNegros Occidental received the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)“Clean Tourist City” award for the second time, a recognition valid from 2020to 2022. Saballa said they are focusing ontourism development areas as part of the conservation efforts for naturalattractions and destinations in the city. last_img read more

Transfer: Leicester City Accepts FIFA’s Sanction

September 9, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgLeicester City will not appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against FIFA’s decision to reject Adrien Silva’s registration.FIFA made the ruling after paperwork on 28-year-old Silva’s £22m move from Sporting Lisbon was 14 seconds too late on the August 31 deadline day.The Foxes wanted to go to CAS but said “FIFA will not support an expedited process”.Silva can only start playing for them when January’s transfer window opens. The club said it has been forced “to reluctantly accept the single-judge ruling of FIFA’s players’ status committee without reasonable opportunity for independent arbitration that is timely enough to be effective”.They added: “Our frustration at the denial of effective due process doubles our disappointment at the original outcome and while the club is now essentially powerless to continue to challenge the decision, we will continue to support Adrien in any personal appeal he wishes to undertake.“We intend to register Adrien at the earliest opportunity. In the meantime, he will remain under our care, training with the squad under the supervision of our coaching, medical and sport science staff.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

O’DOMHNAILL WARNS CUSTOMERS THAT WATER WILL COST THEM €760 A YEAR

December 24, 2019 0 Comments

first_imgCounty Councillor Seamus O’ Domhnaill has slammed the takeover of water services by Irish Water warning customers will have to pay up to €760 per annum.Cllr Seamus O’DomhnaillIn a scathing attack he warned that Irish Water has mis-spent tax payer’s money when there was no need to do so.The Fianna Fail councillor said the massive amount of €50 million which was ‘squandered’ by Irish Water could have been saved if a request was made to receive the same expertise from local councils. “All too often these ‘Quangos’ don’t listen or ask the people with the knowledge on the ground of their views and this is another such case”.He continued “This cost of €50 million will be passed onto the bill-payers even though in my opinion there was no need to have spent the money in the first place. It shows the negligible way in which this government is spending monies at a time when basic, much needed services are being slashed.“Minister Hogan must take responsibility for this calamity as he allowed the Irish Water fiasco to become a Run Away Train with he himself at the helm. It became evident to me when the Fine Gael & Labour Party were not prepared to accept amendments from any of the opposition Parties or Independents in the Daíl that the Government had something to hide. It all appears to be coming to light now and Minister Hogan must take responsibility for another shambles created by him.”Cllr O’Domhnaill added that having received figures from the Houses of the Oireachtas research library in recent days, he claims that homes across our County will be charged on average €760 per annum for the provision of water. “This figure represents a base figure with Irish Water only breaking even and doesn’t allow for a profit. The cost of producing water in Ireland is over € 1.2 billion with approximately 1.3 million houses being served by the public supply and approx 200 million being collected currently from commercial customers. The €50 million spent on consultants must also be recouped which will further drive the cost upwards.”He said it is a simple fact that people across Donegal cannot afford such prices and this is simply a revenue generating exercise too far for the citizens of Donegal.“The money which has been squandered in setting up Irish Water would have been better spent upgrading the pipe network around our country thus creating employment and reducing the amount of water which is actually used, as up to 50 % of the water that leaves the treatment plant is lost before it reaches the tap.“I await anxiously the answers and explanations which will be given by the Irish water executives and Minister Hogan and also await his apology to the people for another calamity created under his watch”. O’DOMHNAILL WARNS CUSTOMERS THAT WATER WILL COST THEM €760 A YEAR was last modified: January 13th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Cllr Seamus O DomhnaillIrish Waterwaterlast_img read more