DP World’s Earnings Grow amid Upswing in Global Trade

September 28, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgDubai-based terminal operator DP World delivered robust financial results for the six months ended June 30, 2018, but said it expects uncertainty in the container market.The company reported a revenue of USD 2.62 billion, representing a growth of 14.4% on a reported basis and 3% on a like-for-like basis, mainly driven by volume growth across all three regions and the impact of new acquisitions including Drydocks World LLC (Drydocks), Dubai Maritime City (DMC) and Cosmos Agencia Marítima (CAM).Profit for the period was at USD 593 million, down by 2.1% on a reported basis but up 5.2% on a like-for-like basis. Profit declined due to the deconsolidation of Doraleh (Djibouti) and consolidation of DP World Santos (Brazil), which remains in ramp up stage, the company explained.“The first half of 2018 continues to see an upswing in global trade with all three regions delivering growth however geopolitical headwinds and recent changes to trade policies continue to pose uncertainty for the container market,” DP World said.“Going forward, we aim to integrate our new acquisitions and we continue to extend our core business into port-related, maritime, transportation and logistics sectors with the objective of removing inefficiencies in global trade, improving the quality of our earnings and driving returns,” Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, DP World Group Chairman and CEO, said.DP World informed that the near-term trade outlook remains uncertain with recent changes in trade policies and geopolitical headwinds in some regions, however, the robust financial performance leaves the company well placed for 2018 and “we expect to see increased contributions from our recent investments in the second half of the year.”last_img read more

“You can count on me my brother”, Eto’o vows to help Ronaldinho

September 26, 2020 0 Comments

first_img Promoted Content7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo10 Awesome TV Series That Got Cancelled Way Too SoonThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made Former Barcelona striker Samuel Eto’o has promised to do everything within his power to help Ronaldinho regain his freedom from prison in Paraguay,Advertisement Loading… Reports claimed last week that Lionel Messi has refused to help his former teammate Ronaldinho, but Eto’o has taken to the social media to declare his readiness  to assist the Brazilian legend.“Hello brother, I have no words, brother. I don’t even know what to say, we are talking to see how we can encourage you,” the Cameroon all-time record scorer said.“You are my brother, my friend. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. I can only ask you to have strength and to pray a lot. “I hope that all this can be solved soon because you were frankly a good person and a good friend. From here, the black loves you very much and you can count on me for everything you need.Read Also: Ighalo’s wife talks tough amid divorce row with Man Utd forward“What I can do, I will do. And if I can’t do it, I’ll ask a friend for the favour,” the Cameroonian icon added in a short video clip in his Instagram.Eto’o and Ronaldinho won two Champions League titles, four La Liga, one Copa del Rey and two Supercopa de Espana titles.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 last_img read more

Essex close to title after day-three washout at Taunton

September 18, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgESSEX are all but certain to win the 2019 County Championship after the penultimate day of their title-decider against Somerset was abandoned.With the Division One leaders only needing a draw, Somerset appear to have run out of time to get the win they need for a first-ever title.Essex were 25-0 at stumps on Tuesday, replying to Somerset’s 203 all out.While yesterday saw only light rain showers at Taunton, the outfield was deemed too damp to get started.After several inspections, umpires Rob Bailey and Alex Wharf called it off at 16:30hrs BST.Unless Somerset now take 20 wickets on the final day, Essex will pick up their second County Championship trophy in three years.Even if they do bowl Essex out quickly, they may have to bat again to set their opponents a target – taking more overs out of the game.The weather may have the final say today anyway, with more rain forecast for the West Country.‘WE WON’T WAVE THE WHITE FLAG’Despite losing more than 200 overs to the wet conditions so far, Somerset director of cricket Andy Hurry said his players would not give up hope of pulling off a remarkable final day victory.“It’s important for us to turn up in the right frame of mind,” he told BBC Somerset. “We’ve put too much on the line, for too long a period to wave the white flag.“This summer there’s been some amazing cricket, there have been some huge twists and turns. Anything can happen; we’ve got to keep believing. (BBC Sport)last_img read more

Understanding Food Expiration Dates Can Save You Money

August 6, 2020 0 Comments

first_imgSubmitted by Thurston County Solid WasteMany printed dates are for peak quality and not for food safety                                                                           Did you know the average American family wastes as much as 25 percent of the food they buy? For a family of four, that adds up to anywhere between $1,600 and $2,300 worth of food that’s thrown out in a year! Part of the reason for this waste of food, money and resources can be tied to confusion about food expiration dates.Many people are throwing out food that’s safe to eat, thinking that any food that’s past its printed “expiration date” is unsafe to eat. According the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), those expiration dates are not safety related. Instead, they are an indication of a window of peak quality. And those dates are determined by the food’s manufacturer—not by the USDA or other regulatory agency.To further complicate things, there is no universal system used for food-dating in the United States. Best if Used By:, Best if Used Before: and Use By: are all labels that food manufacturers use to show the period they consider to be the peak quality for the item—not whether the food is still safe to eat. According to the USDA, foods that are past those printed dates can still be “safe, wholesome and of good quality if handled properly.”The key take-away here is that these labels, however they’re worded, are not indications of safety. In fact, with few exceptions, there are no federal safety regulations that guide the process of dating foods.So, how can you tell if your food is still good to eat? Your senses are still your best tools! If it looks right, smells right and tastes right, and if you know it’s been handled and stored properly, (e.g.; it hasn’t been sitting in a hot car all day) then it’s likely safe to eat. On the flip side, foods that are slimy, off-color or that have a strange odor or flavor—those foods could have bacterial contamination and you should not eat them.Thurston County families could save money and waste less food just by getting the facts. You can find a lot more information, tips and tricks on this topic, plus information on the proper ways to store and handle foods so that they last longer and stay safe to eat. Just search “expiration dates” on the USDA web site, or visit www.StillTasty.com to get started.If you want to learn more about how to keep more food out of the landfill and keep more money in your wallet, go to www.WasteLessFood.com. You can explore our SMART tips and tricks that will help you waste less food, and learn more about the environmental and economic impacts of wasted food.To schedule a fun and free group presentation on how to waste less food, contact Gabby Byrne at [email protected] or (360) 867-2284. Facebook0Tweet0Pin0last_img read more

‘Danielle wouldn’t have given up, this is for her’

December 21, 2019 0 Comments

first_imgThe mother of the late Danielle McLaughlin says she is determined to improve the rights of bereaved families who lose loved ones abroad, despite waiting years for assistance after the tragic death of her daughter.Buncrana mother Andrea Brannigan has this week received confirmation that a representative of the Irish Embassy will attend the murder trial of Danielle’s alleged killer in India.Danielle was 28 years old when she was violently killed while travelling in Goa in March 2017. The trial of her alleged murderer and rapist, Vikat Bhagat (24), continues in South Goa. Danielle’s heartbroken mum Andrea says she wants to get a video link to see live proceedings from the courtroom in India.This is one of the requests that Andrea has made to the Consular Assistance Manager assigned to her last week. The manager also confirmed that a representative of the Irish Embassy will attend Bhagat’s trial on Monday, November 4th.Speaking to Donegal Daily, Andrea said that she asked for the representative to request that the case is fast-tracked through the courts.“The trial court has not been on since last Monday, it won’t be on until this Monday again, and it is only on for 30 minutes to an hour at a time. And the Indian government tells us this is fast-tracked,” she said. “I have asked for a video link so that I can see the court. I was told they said no, but if the Irish representative attends then I want them to ask too. I want to see what is happening for myself.”Andrea added that she is hoping to travel to Goa herself next year.The late Danielle McLaughlinMore than a year has passed since An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar met with Andrea and her daughter Jolene in Derry to discuss Danielle’s case and the need for change in the policies of the Department of Foreign Affairs.Andrea proposed amending the Victims Charter to include assistance for bereaved families of Irish citizens who die abroad. This amendment was to be called Danielle’s Amendment, but after a year, it has yet to be finalised.Andrea said: “The Consular Assistance Manager said they are finalising the amendment. But I don’t know what is in it. I know what we asked for, but I haven’t seen it yet.” Andrea has been invited to view the amendment in the near future, but until she sees the document, she said she will not mark it as an achievement from the meeting with the Taoiseach.“To this date I am still waiting on a liaison officer and that was one of the things that I was promised at the meeting.“I am not saying anything yet because he (Varadkar) promised me a lot last year and there have been no changes to date,” she said.Andrea’s unwavering determination comes from wanting to improve the level of assistance available for other families in the future who have to deal with the tragic loss of loved ones abroad. She said: “Hundreds of Irish people die every year abroad in different circumstances and these families are left to deal with it on their own.“I just want things to change for families. Families shouldn’t feel so alone when something happens abroad. You’re left to deal with everything on your own.”Andrea said that she won’t give up until change happens and Danielle’s Amendment is passed.“I’m quite headstrong and I will keep emailing the Department. Danielle wouldn’t have given up. This is for her. She would want to help others.”‘Danielle wouldn’t have given up, this is for her’ was last modified: November 4th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

David Ross Patient: “ARVs need to be taken daily”

December 18, 2019 0 Comments

first_img“Today, still, it’s ignorance that perpetuates the stigma and discrimination against those with HIV,” David Ross Patient. (Image: David Ross Patient)Aids activist David Ross Patient was diagnosed HIV-positive in 1983. Today he campaigns for greater awareness on how to stay healthy, and alive, on the South African government’s ARV programme, which is the largest in the world.Patient is more than just a candle flickering in a cold wind. He is healthy, and happier than he has ever been. He has gone from being the kid who had tried multiple times to kill himself before he was 17, to finding success as a motivator and Aids activist. “There is still a stigma of shame attached to HIV but I have helped by talking openly.last_img read more