上海419论坛,爱上海,上海龙凤419 – Powered by Juliette Alic!
The Italian soccer federation has offered up its hotel and auditorium for people having their health monitored amid the coronavirus outbreak.The facilities outside Florence are normally used by Italy’s national soccer teams and also host high-level courses for coaches and sporting directors.Federation president Gabriele Gravina says “now that we are not playing soccer, to return to doing so we need to win together the most important match against coronavirus.”Italy has nearly 75,000 infections and more than 7,500 fatalities from the virus.___ The race will instead be held Aug. 23. It was an inevitable decision but still had to be difficult for Roger Penske, who completed his purchase of Indianapolis Motor Speedway and IndyCar in January and has already pumped millions into capital improvements to ready the historic venue for its first 500 under new ownership. IndyCar was supposed to resume racing May 9 on the road course at Indianapolis. That race will now be run on July 4, a day before NASCAR races at The Brickyard.___ The Latest: Drew Brees and wife donating $5 million Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Saints quarterback Drew Brees says he and his wife, Brittany, will donate $5 million to help Louisiana businesses and communities contend with challenges brought on by the rapid transmission of the coronavirus in the state. Rafael Nadal and Pau Gasol have launched a campaign to encourage donations in the hope of raising 11 million euros ($12.1 million) to help Spain fight the coronavirus.The tennis and basketball stars said in videos posted on social media that they are supporting a Red Cross fundraising effort to help with the public health crisis.Nadal and Gasol say they have made donations and urged others to follow their lead. Former Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas quickly said he would pitch in.Nadal says “I believe that we are who we are in large part thanks to your support and now we have to be there for you.”Spain has 56,188 infections and more than 4,000 fatalities from the virus. March 26, 2020 Hall of Fame jockey Javier Castellano says he has tested positive for the coronavirus and will be in quarantine for two weeks.Castellano tested positive as part of a physical that officials at Gulfstream Park mandated as a prerequisite before being cleared to ride in Saturday’s Florida Derby. Castellano says that he has not had “known contact with anyone that has tested positive.”Castellano last rode on March 15, when he had two mounts at Gulfstream. He returned to New York to see family afterward and was scheduled to ride at Gulfstream this weekend.It’s unclear if Castellano could have ridden at Gulfstream this weekend even if the physical had not found that he has the coronavirus. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order earlier this week calling for anyone who flies to Florida from New York City or the surrounding areas to self-quarantine for 14 days.— Reporting by AP Sports Writer Tim Reynolds in Miami The federation says the boxing team went to a training camp in Sheffield on March 3 to prepare for the competition and traveled to London on March 11. All team members stayed at the same hotel and ate at the same cafeteria.The IOC is running the qualifying competitions for boxing because governing body AIBA has been suspended.The Turkish team competed on March 15 and 16 and returned home on March 17 after the IOC halted the competition. All team members were quarantined on return.The federation says Guler and Dumlupinar are being treated in the hospital. Two other boxers who complained of high fever are awaiting the results of their tests.___ Brees, who posted his pledge on a social media account on Thursday, says the money will help several restaurants in which he has an ownership stake as well as a major hospital chain and charities like Second Harvest Food Bank to deliver about 10,000 meals per day to people in need.Brees says he hopes to fund the program “for as long as it takes to children on meal programs, seniors, and families in need,” adding, “Let’s all do our part, maintain hope, and get through this together.”The quarterback and his wife run the Brees Dream foundation, which has spent tens of millions helping to fund charitable endeavors in New Orleans and surrounding areas along the Gulf Coast. Most of those efforts have focused on improving learning and recreational opportunities for children as well as health and wellness for children and seniors.___The Indianapolis 500 scheduled for May 24 has been postponed until August because of the coronavirus pandemic and won’t run on Memorial Day weekend for the first time since 1946. The university worlds were to be staged on June 27-28 in Kecskemet.___A soccer exhibition between Mexico and Colombia on May 30 at Denver has been canceled because of the new coronavirus pandemic.Soccer United Marketing, the wing of Major League Soccer that was promoting the match, said Thursday the federations will attempt to reschedule the game before the World Cup in November 2022.___ ___Louisville says the father of junior wide receiver Corey Reed Jr. died Wednesday morning from coronavirus in an Atlanta hospital. Corey Reed Sr. was 43.Cardinals coach Scott Satterfield expressed “deepest condolences” to Reed and his family in a release and said the program is there to support them. Satterfield added, “This horrible virus has affected so many people, and it’s even more difficult when it touches someone in the UofL football family.”Reed caught eight passes for 145 yards in 13 games in 2017 and played in two contests the next season. He returned to Louisville this spring after transferring to Iowa Western Community College.___ Paris Saint-Germain is selling a new jersey online with the profits going to local hospitals and nursing staff dealing with the coronavirus outbreak.The French champion’s jersey bears the emblem “Tous Unis” (All United) on the front.A total of 262,500 euros (about $288,000) will be raised if all 1,500 jerseys priced at 175 euros ($192) are sold.PSG president Nasser al-Khelaifi says “we can only be sensitive to and grateful for the astounding work” that medical staff on the front line have done against the virus.___ Real Madrid and Spanish sports authorities say the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium will be used to store donations of medical supplies to help combat the coronavirus outbreak.The soccer club says it will use the stadium to store private donations. They will then be distributed by government authorities to hospitals.Spain has 56,188 infections and more than 4,000 fatalities from the COVID-19 virus.Civic groups, businesses and individuals are donating much-needed masks and any material that can used to make protective gear for doctors and nurses.___ Four German soccer clubs have pledged 20 million euros ($21.9 million) to support other teams struggling to stay afloat after games in the country were suspended because of the coronavirus outbreak.Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen will forgo 12.5 million euros ($13.7 million) in as-yet undistributed TV money and add another 7.5 million euros ($8.2 million) from their own funds. All four clubs played in the Champions League this season, giving them extra income.The German Football League, which oversees the top two divisions, will decide how the money is distributed. The league has previously said it fears many clubs could face financial collapse if games can’t resume.Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says “in these difficult times, it’s important that the stronger shoulders support the weaker shoulders.”___ Associated Press The Spanish Grand Prix on the MotoGP circuit scheduled for May 3 has been postponed because of the coronavirus outbreak.It is the fifth MotoGP race to be canceled or postponed.The next race at risk is the French Grand Prix on May 17 at Le Mans.___The Turkish Boxing Federation says national team member Serhat Guler and trainer Seyfullah Dumlupinar tested positive for the coronavirus after returning from an Olympic qualifying competition in London. ___Two major triathlons in Spain have been postponed and the world university triathlon championship in Hungary has been canceled because of the coronavirus outbreak.The Olympic mixed relay qualifying race had already been relocated to Valencia from Chengdu, China, and was scheduled for May 1.A World Cup event in Valencia had been scheduled for the next day. It’s the seventh World Cup race to be postponed.The International Triathlon Union says it will try to find new dates for both. More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 read more
BBCI pontoons’ servicingThe Berbice Bridge Company Inc (BBCI) has said that Government’s failure to adhere to a contractual agreement has led to the untimely servicing of the pontoons under the bridge.On Monday, the company defended itself from a news article which sought to indicate that the BCCI was solely responsible for the scheduled timely servicing of its pontoons.The bridge company explained that it was impossible for the company to efficiently operate and maintain the bridge, which included the scheduled, timely servicing of its 39 pontoons under the structure.BBCI contends that Government denied it the revenue the bridge required through several applications for toll adjustments made since 2015.“The company, by the Government reneging on its obligations to the company and the people of Guyana, has been denied the revenue required, through several applications for toll adjustments made since 2015, under the Concession Agreement to operate and maintain the Bridge, and for the company to meet its contractual obligations to its lenders,” the bridge company said on Monday.The company added that, in December 2015, it commissioned equipment valued at $167 million to be used in servicing of its 39 pontoons.It reminded that Public Infrastructure Minister David Patterson had even praised the company for its commitment to maintaining the Bridge. It revealed that it could not fully implement its maintenance programme unless Minister Patterson provides the contracted toll revenue.“The company, at its own cost, continues to implement its maintenance programme, but cannot fully do so to the level required unless the Minister meets his obligation to provide the contracted toll revenue.”It also refuted published claims that the company paid dividends to shareholders, stating that it has not been making profits and that it currently faces losses exceeding $2.8 billion.The company, meanwhile, said it is yet to receive an official response from Minister Patterson to its July 9, 2018 application for a toll adjustment under the Concession Agreement.Minister Patterson, however, said recently that Government was awaiting legal advice from Attorney General and Minister of Legal Affairs, Basil Williams, before engaging the company.BBCI Chairman Dr Surendra Persaud has disclosed that the company is facing bankruptcy, and as such had made proposals to increase its tolls to keep the bridge afloat.Despite rejecting the proposed toll increase, Government has said it would continue to work with the BBCI to ensure that the Bridge is sufficiently maintained and is safe for vehicular and marine use.Based on the announcement made by the BBCI with regard to the proposed increase in tolls, Opposition Leader Bharrat Jagdeo has announced his disagreement with the proposal, but has since encouraged the coalition Government to buy more equity in the company.Jagdeo reasoned that Berbicians could not afford the steep increases that the company has proposed at this time. He said this was mainly so because the BBCI was contractually obligated to maintain the Bridge. Instead, he thinks that Government could buy out other shareholders, so the Bridge becomes publicly-owned. read more